I know folks are getting increasingly anxious about whether or not we’ll have AC this weekend. Here’s the situation as I understand it: There was a serious clog found in a drain line when they tried to activate the cooling tower this morning. When I was outside earlier there were two drain company trucks and two AC company trucks out front and workmen visible on the roof, so management is clearly doing all they can to get the system running.
I believe the delay in putting out news is twofold: management doesn’t have a clear answer yet about whether the AC will be running, and they are devoting all their time to speeding up the process as much as possible and getting accurate information to share before sending anything out.
Temperatures are supposed to be reasonable through this evening and into mid-morning tomorrow but beyond that it’s going to be a very uncomfortable weekend if the crews are unsuccessful getting the cooling tower running today. I would recommend making contingency plans for yourself and your pets to keep cool should we be without AC this weekend while keeping your fingers crossed for good news later today.